PELHAM ART FESTIVALS ONLINE FAQS
For Artists in Online Festivals
Does participating in Pelham Art Festival Online mean I need to have my own website or social media accounts?
No, you do not need to create your own website for Pelham Art Festival Online. You will list your uploaded artworks for sale directly from your Pelham Art Festival web gallery and payment will be made through the e-commerce Buy button. We hope you will promote your participation in the Pelham Art Festival via your social media channels if you have them, but it is not a requirement to participate.
What if I already sell artwork via my own website or other sales platform?
If you choose to leave artwork up after an Online Festival ends, all sales for art pieces in your PAF Online gallery are to be purchased using the PAF’s e-commerce platform. You could post a link to your own website in your contact info for potential clients to visit and see other work not available on your PAF online gallery.
Does my work have to be for sale or can I show pieces that have already been sold for reference?
You are welcome to show samples of works that have been sold as long as you mark them as ‘not for sale’ when uploading, to prevent visitors from buying them. You can use this as an opportunity to connect with collectors for commissions. If an artwork is sold after the show as a result of contact made with a buyer at the show, the Festival Committee requests the 15% commission be forwarded to the Treasurer; Els Swart ([email protected])
Original Artworks and Reproductions
All works must be hand-made by the artist. Machine-made or mass-produced works are not permitted and will result in an automatic disqualification. Please see our Reproduction Policy for details.
PAF expects 80% original artworks and up to 20% may be clearly described reproductions such as giclée or limited-edition prints. Original artworks should have been completed within the last three years. Please see our Guidelines for more.
How many artworks can I put in my gallery for sale?
You can have up to 15 artworks or up to 25 artworks for sale at a time depending on your chosen package. When you sell, a sold sticker will be placed on the art and you are welcome to add another piece so that you continue to have up to 15 or 25 artworks published for sale at a time.
Can I sell cards or other small items?
Your image could include multiple items at the same price point… e.g., cards, jewellery, scarves, each numbered or labelled individually. On your details page each item is described. i.e., the product may come in different colours, sizes etc. The buyer forwards an email to the artist so they can agree on the specific choice. As an item is sold, you may indicate SOLD next to the colour on the descriptions page, or you could put a SOLD sticker on and load another image showing what you still have for sale.
How can I edit my uploaded work?
You can edit your uploaded work when you use your login and unique password for your Artist Dashboard, at any time. You can change images or written content, any time until the Online Festival ends.
How do I communicate with buyers?
Buyers may choose to use the email artist button if they would like to communicate with the artist. To make sure that your buyer communication does not accidentally end up in your spam folder, make sure that you add “[email protected]” to your address book as a safe sender. We ask that you connect with the potential buyer as soon as possible.
How do I process Payments?
- Individual pieces of art are for sale through the Online Pelham Art Festival website. The customer will purchase one chosen artwork at a time. Each artwork has an EMAIL ARTIST button that will send a message directly to you if the buyer wants to connect with you about a question.
- The Artist will then contact the customer online or by any method that works for you as quickly as possible to facilitate the sale.
- Make sure the client understands the artwork description before they buy. Come to a decision if taxes/shipping/delivery is included or must be paid for separately based on your location and come to a decision about method and expected shipping cost.
- The ‘BUY NOW’ button beside the image, will take the client directly to a checkout link where they make payment.
- The client will use credit card, visa debit, or prepaid credit card to complete the purchase online.
- When the sale is completed, the artist will reach out to the client to confirm shipment/delivery and the format will depend on mutual convenience and location. In some cases, professional shipment may be needed to transfer breakable products. The purchaser is to pay shipping costs directly to the artist (via e-Transfer is preferable) before the item is shipped or delivered.
- Pelham Art Festival does not take responsibility for the delivery of artwork. All buyers expressly assume all risk and liability from purchasing through the Pelham Art Festival website.
- Payment is made to the Pelham Art Festival e-commerce site and after May 15, 2021, the total sales minus the 15% donation will be transferred to the artist. (in approximately 10 days)
Is Artwork refundable?
Artwork is non-refundable unless negotiated and mutually agreed upon between the buyer and the artist. No refunds will be issued after 30 days from date of purchase. The buyer will contact the artist to request the refund and the Pelham Art Festival will issue a refund to the customer for fees paid upon instruction from the artist. It is the responsibility of the buyer and the artist to arrange between them for the return of the artwork and shipping costs.
Where Do I Find Support?
Admin support will be available for you if you need it through [email protected]
Please state the title of your question in the heading of your email so your question will be forwarded to the person who can help you.
with subject line: PAF 2021 Photographing Your Art for the Online Gallery + Your Name
with subject line: PAF 2021 Artist Gallery Setup Support + Your Name
with subject line: PAF 2021 General Support + Your Name
Connect to our mailing list to receive updates on upcoming Festivals. Subscribe
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
The PAF team cares about the health and safety of our artists and the public we serve. In spite of cancelling Pleham Art Festival In-Person in 2020 and again in 2021, we hope to return to the In-Person Festival in May 2022, following the safety guidelines provided by Niagara Region Public Health.