What is “Pelham Art Festival Online”?
You now have the opportunity to purchase beautiful art directly from the artist by looking at their artworks online!
The popular Pelham Art Festival, held annually every Mother’s Day Weekend in May, was moved online for 2021 to include an impressive number of local artists and artists from all over Ontario displaying and selling their work. After careful consideration, due to the ongoing unpredictability of COVID-19, keeping the health and safety of our patrons, artists and the community as our priority, the decision was made to present the traditional Pelham Art Festival in an online format for 2021. Online opportunities continue.
We were pleased to host an Online Festival from May 1, 2021 to May 31, 2021, and now the spotlight is on artworks for sale in the Online Pelham Summer Gallery until September 21, 2021. We invite the community and art lovers to continue to enjoy and purchase original art so that the fundraising efforts for the Pelham Library System, Pelham art scholarships and community arts projects can proceed. This extends the opportunity for you to participate in interesting online activities, browse through beautiful art and choose something you love, for an extended summer gallery beyond the typical Mother’s Day weekend festival. Over 60 juried artists are participating and hundreds of artworks are available for you to browse and purchase from the comfort of your home.
When will Pelham Art Festival Online take place?
Pelham Art Festival Online took place May 1-31, 2021. The new online platform allowed us to expand promotion of the artists from our usual three days, to a full month of online art sales, and to new programming opportunities to make this an exciting event. Pelham Summer Gallery is presently Online from June 1, to September 21, 2021 and Pelham Holiday Artfest Online is scheduled for November 19 to December 4, 2021. Please take note of the next in-person Pelham Art Festival scheduled for May 6-8, 2022 to be held at the Meridian Community Centre in Fonthill.
How do I access this ‘Online’ Event?
Admire curated selections and award-winning choices in each category
Explore our new online programming: programming
What is the best way to engage with the Online Festival?
- Sign up for our upcoming festival news email Subscribe
- We invite you to check out free programming
- Browse and buy your choice from hundreds of original artworks.
- Get to know the participating artists. The Artist will be available to answer your questions about a specific piece you are interested in.
Is Pelham Art Festival Online a permanent change?
The new pelhamartfestival.com website with all of its capabilities is a permanent change. The Pelham Art Festival adapted to a newly developed Online Festival format in 2021 to make sure our artists continue to have a platform to sell their works and to keep connected with you, the people who appreciate original art.
We also want to continue with the fundraising mandate to raise money for the Pelham Library System, art scholarships and community arts projects. We hope to keep some aspects of the online version for next year and beyond, but we plan to return to the Meridian Community Centre for an in-person festival from May 6 to 9, 2022! We now have flexibility for the future.
How do I buy artworks?
- Browse through up to 1,000 Artworks available for sale online
- Similar to the In-person Pelham Art Festival, individual pieces of art are for sale.
- Read the description carefully before buying. Notice the dimensions and the medium when you click on the artwork for an enlarged view. Note if taxes/shipping/delivery is included or must be paid for separately based on your location. Contact the artist directly if you have questions. Click on the image to see an enlarged version with more detail.
- You will purchase one individual artwork at a time. Each artwork has a ‘BUY NOW’ button.
- Use your credit card, debit card, prepaid credit card, or Interac to complete the purchase.
- The artist will personally reach out to you to confirm shipment/delivery. Shipping arrangements will be made with the artist directly, and the format will depend on mutual convenience.
- Wait for your beautiful artwork to arrive!
All artworks are listed in Canadian currency. Buyers will not hold Pelham Art Festival accountable for shipment delays.
Are artwork sales final?
Artwork is non-refundable unless negotiated and mutually agreed upon between the buyer and the artist. No refunds will be issued after 30 days from date of purchase. The buyer will contact the artist to request the refund and the Pelham Art Festival will issue a refund to the customer for fees paid upon instruction from the artist. It is the responsibility of the buyer and the artist to arrange between them for the return of the artwork and shipping costs.
Is shipping included?
Shipping is not typically included and may need to be paid for separately. Please read the artwork description carefully before purchasing and reach out to the artist if you have questions. Delivery of the artwork is arranged between the buyer and the artist. Pelham Art Festival does not take responsibility for the delivery of artwork. All buyers expressly assume all risk and liability from purchasing through the Pelham Art Festival website.
What if I want to meet the artists?
We know one of the best parts of the festival is the chance to talk to or meeting the artists face-to-face. To respect physical distancing guidelines and make the most out of the online experience, we encourage you to make connections virtually or in safe face-to-face manner. You are welcome to connect with artists through the information they provide on their bio or artwork detail page. Don’t be shy, get in touch with the artists. They can’t wait to meet you!
Ways to engage with artists:
Follow the artists on social media or
- Email them!
- Read their bio to see if they’ve offered another way to connect (Facetime Calls, Zoom Meetings, scheduled Instagram Live studio tours etc.)
Look for interesting new programming through curated displays.
Connect to our mailing list to receive updates on upcoming Festivals and Online Shows. Subscribe
Hanging Art Information is available for you here from YouTube.
Check out 2021 Music and Speakers
If you have questions about the artwork, please reach out to the artist directly via the email they provide.
If you have questions about Pelham Art Festival or need technical support:
Please email: [email protected]
and state the title in the heading of your email so your question will be forwarded to the person who can help you: with subject line: Buyer Support + Your Name