November 1, 2022– Pelham Art Festival Online
November 1, 2022– 36th In-person Pelham Art Festival
We are a proud community sponsor of Lincoln Pelham Public Libraries and the Arts
Festival proceeds benefit the Lincoln Pelham Library System and provide annual scholarships to graduating Pelham students pursuing post-secondary studies in fine arts from E.L. Crossley Secondary School and Notre Dame College School. The Festival also supports various community arts projects.
The Pelham Art Festival offers a venue for artists to show and sell their work, for clients to see and choose the pieces they may wish to purchase and to raise funds for the Lincoln Pelham Library System, art scholarships and community arts projects. Artists donate back 15% of their sales to support this effort.
Who Can Apply?
PAF’s jurors welcome individual artists and artisans working in all mediums; painting, photography, sculpture, glass, woodturning, textiles, jewellery and more, with formal or informal training to apply. Established and emerging artists are welcome.
Please also read through our Application Guidelines "how do I apply".
How Do I Apply?
All applications are submitted through our online e-commerce platform on PAF’s website. Create an online artist profile or login to your existing one if you have applied before. Artists skip the banner image, profile photo, and social media accounts, for now, those are not available to the jury and during Online Festivals, only become publicly visible if your application is successful. Please check your spam and junk folders if you have not received an email confirmation. Keep your login information safe, since you will need it later to check your results on your Artist Dashboard. When new artists are accepted by the jury payment is due.
Help! I Forgot My Password.
If you forgot your password, you can reset it via the login page, using the 'RESET PASSWORD' button. Use the email associated with your account, and a temporary password will be emailed to you. Check your spam/junk mail folders. Once you log in, you can change your password to something more memorable and secure under 'Your Profile'.
When Are The Festivals Application Deadlines?
January 15, 2023 – Pelham Art Festival Online Application deadline at 11:59 PM
January 15, 2023 – 36th In-Person Pelham Art Festival Deadline at 11:59 PM
Can I submit an application with another Artist?
The Festival is committed to supporting individual artists as part of our mandate. Studio applications and collectives are not accepted since we facilitate artists as entrepreneurs to give opportunities to artists and artisans.
What To Submit
We accept original works of fine arts and crafts. Reproductions are welcome provided they do not exceed 20% of the artwork on display. Please read our Reproduction Policy information carefully before submitting an application.
Fees in 2023 for the Online Festival
PAF accepts 80% original artworks and up to 20% may be reproductions such as giclée or limited-edition prints for the Online Festivals. An artist page with up to 15 images will cost $150.00.
There will be a non-refundable $25 application-handling fee.
Fees in 2023 for the 36th Pelham Art Festival In-person at Meridian Community Centre:
PAF accepts 80% original artworks and up to 20% may be reproductions such as giclée or limited-edition prints.
$150.00 for a single booth; $150.00 for a corner booth; $225.00 for a 3-panel booth; $300.00 for a double booth.
There will be a non-refundable $25 application-handling fee.
A complete cost breakdown for all Festivals can be found on our Fees and Deadlines page.
Refunds will be available if you need to cancel shows:
In 2023 for Pelham Art Festival Online and the 36th Pelham Art Festival In-person by April 15, 2022
International Artists Applying for the 36th In-person Pelham Art Festival, 2023
If you are applying from outside of Canada, it is your responsibility to get the appropriate paperwork to enter Canada to sell your work. We do not provide invitations to artists for visa applications. All travel, accommodations, shipping and customs expenses are your responsibility. We recommend working with a licensed customs broker to import your work into Canada.
You can choose to join us for Pelham Art Festivals from anywhere in Canada and beyond. Sell artworks and tap into the Niagara art market, and safely at our Online Festivals from the comfort of your own home.
In 2023, artists will have the choice to sell their work at the 36th In-Person Pelham Art Festival at the Meridian Community Centre, at Pelham Art Festival Online or both!
Submitting To PAF Online Festivals and the 36th Pelham Art Festival In-person
How many applications can I submit?
You can only submit one application per Festival category: 2D Works, 3D Works, Painting, Fine Craft & Design, Photography & Digital Media. It is to your benefit that you tailor your application to the Festival category under which you are submitting. The same panel of jurors reviews all of the applications, regardless of category. For Online Festivals, one page with a variety of categories listed will show up in different searches.
PAF only accepts complete applications once the non-refundable application fee payment is fulfilled. We don’t forward applications with missing information to our jurors. Submissions that include machine-made or mass-produced works are automatically disqualified and are not presented to the jurors.
How To Submit To Pelham Art Festivals
1. Create an online artist profile or login to your existing one if you have applied before. New artists (only) skip the banner image, profile photo, and social media accounts, for now, as those are not available to the jury and during Online Festivals, only become publicly visible if your application is successful.
2. On the right side of your Artist Dashboard, you will find the 'Start an Application button. Prepare and upload your images, artist statement and description of the artwork. Please read our Application Photography Tips carefully. Photos taken in good lighting present best.
3. Why won't my images upload?
Check to make sure your images are saved in the correct format and that they are not too small or too big. Be sure you have filled in the title, size and medium of each piece. You can check this by clicking on each thumbnail of your uploaded images to make the text boxes show. If you do not have a title/size etc. put 'N/A' for not applicable.
4. Complete the online application and submit the non-refundable application fee of $25 by 11:59 PM deadline (EST) on the deadline date.
Image Formatting Instructions:
- Valid files types: .jpeg or .png.
- Maximum size: images should be no larger than 1024 x 1024 pixels and 4mb (max) in size. Images that exceed this size will be automatically resized to fit and may be distorted.
- Minimum size: no less than 500 x 500 pixels (height & width)
- Images should be cropped to show only the work. No frame, watermark, signature, or background is to be included (exceptions are 3D objects such as sculptures, ceramics, wood turning objects or if a frame /mat is unique and significant to the artwork presentation…an example would be an oval opening in the mat to create a Victorian look for a portrait photograph) If the frame is an integral part of the art, it should be included.
To resize your images correctly without Photoshop, for both MAC and PC users, for instructions
- File Names: should be named as follows: YOUR NAME_IMAGE NUMBER OR TITLE_YEAR
- Gallery Banner: Your banner size should be 1920 pixels x 200 pixels
- Profile Photo: 750 pixels on the longest side works well. The photo can be square (750 x 750 pixels) or a 4:5 ratio (600 pixels wide x 750 pixels tall). The minimum image size is 600 pixels on the longest side (portrait photo).
How are applications selected?
Jurors select the strongest work based on artistic excellence, originality and consistency of ideas and design. The jurors base their decision solely on the material in your application, paying particular attention to the 5 images you submit. Our jury team consists of artists and art educators who will be reviewing all new artist submissions in every category. Read PAF's Equity and Non-Discrimination Policy
How do I pay my application fee?
Payment through our application system online:
Once you have uploaded your images and information, you will be directed to a secure payment portal. You will not be able to make changes to your application once payment is submitted. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your payment, so please check your spam and junk folders if you have not received it. There are no service charges or taxes on the application fee. PAF does not accept cheques or cash payments for booth or Online Festival fees. For 2023, refunds will not be made after April 15, 2023.
What if I don’t have a credit card?
You can use a debit card or prepaid credit card to pay your application fee (available at Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart etc.)
Why do I have to pay an application fee for the Festival?
Did you know that PAF is a not-for-profit Canadian Art Festival? Your application fee goes towards the processing and administration of your application, and to artist support like application feedback and information sessions, as well as to allowing PAF to continue its work in the Canadian arts sector.
A portion of the fees goes towards the setting up of a professional website capable of showcasing your art on a secure e-commerce platform. Your fees also go towards advertising and promotion to create visibility for the Festival for you to sell your work to the public.
It is because of the careful administrative work time that PAF Committee and jurors dedicate to the Call for Artists that the $25 application-handling fee is non-refundable.
What is the Artist Code of Conduct?
The Artist Code of Conduct is a section of the Liability and Code of Conduct Agreement. All artists must agree to it as part of their participation at Pelham Art Festivals.
Does participating in Pelham Art Festivals mean I need to have my own website or social media accounts?
No, you do not need to create your own website. Our platform is accessible for artists even if you do not have your own website and e-commerce platform. You will list your uploaded artwork for sale directly from your Pelham Art Festival web page and payment will be made through the e-commerce button. You can also link your own social media accounts and website and we hope you will help to promote your participation in the Pelham Art Festival via your social media channels if you have them, but it is not a requirement to participate.
Does my work have to be for sale or can I show pieces that have already been sold for reference?
It is not mandatory to put your artwork for sale on the Pelham Art Festival platform. You are welcome to show samples of works that have been sold as long as you mark them as not for sale when uploading to prevent visitors from buying them. You can instead use this as an opportunity to connect with collectors for commissions. If an artwork is sold after the show as a result of contact made with the buyer at the show, the Festival Committee requests the 15% commission be forwarded to the Treasurer.
How many artworks can I put in my Online Gallery for sale?
You can have up to 15 artworks for sale at a time. As one is sold, it can be replaced by adding new artwork. Up to 15 artworks will be published for sale at one time.
Can I sell cards or other small items in my Online Gallery?
Your photo could include multiple items at the same price point… e.g., cards, jewellery, and scarves, each numbered or labelled individually. On your details page, you will describe each item. The product may come in different colours, for example, and ask that the purchaser identify which colour they want via email. As an item is sold, indicate SOLD next to the colour on the descriptions page.
How can I see my uploaded artwork for Pelham Art Festivals?
You will receive a notification of your application results via email. You can see your results by logging into your Artist Dashboard on that date. No phone calls please – notifications will not be given over the phone. Please check your junk and spam email folders if you have not received your results. All decisions are final. The Pelham Art Festival will not appeal any decisions. To make sure that your results letter does not accidentally end up in your spam folder, make sure that you add “[email protected]” to your address book as a safe sender.
How do I process Payments for Online Pelham Art Festivals?
- Individual pieces of art are for sale through the Online Pelham Art Festival website. The customer will purchase one chosen artwork at a time. Each artwork has a ‘BUY NOW’ button which will send a message directly to you about the pending sale.
- The Artist will have contact directly with customers online or by any method that works for you.
- The Artist is to respond as quickly as possible to facilitate the sale.
- Make sure the client understands the artwork description carefully before they buy. Come to a decision if taxes/shipping/delivery is included or must be paid for separately based on your location.
- The ‘BUY NOW’ button will take the client directly to a checkout link where they make payment.
- The client will use a credit card, visa debit, or prepaid credit card to complete the purchase online.
- Payment is made to the Pelham Art Festival e-commerce site and after May 15, 2021, the total sales minus the 15% donation is transferred to the artist. (in approximately 10 days)
- The artist will reach out to the client to confirm shipment/delivery. Shipping arrangements will be made directly with the client, and the format will depend on mutual convenience and location. In some cases, professional shipment may be needed to transfer breakable products. Shipping costs can be agreed upon at this time. The purchaser shall pay shipping costs directly to the artist (via e-Transfer is preferable) before the item is shipped or delivered.
Where Do I Find Support?
Admin support will be available for you if you need it through [email protected]
Please state the title of your question in the heading of your email so your question will be forwarded to the person who can help you.
with the subject line: PAF 2021 Photographing Your Art for the Online Gallery + Your Name
with the subject line: PAF 2021 Artist Gallery Setup Support + Your Name
with the subject line: PAF 2021 General Support + Your Name
Connect to our mailing list to receive updates on upcoming Festivals. Subscribe
Pelham Art Festivals are following the safety guidelines provided by Niagara Region Public Health.